Planting Seeds of Wellness throughout Effingham County
The growth of Effingham Health System is visible in Springfield’s newly renovated Effingham Hospital or through a quick glance at its roster of highly respected—on-staff and visiting—medical providers and specialists.
Just as important are changes happening within the Health System, where transformation is a guiding principle. Beginning in 2016, Effingham Health System will no longer follow the regional leaders in health care, but is forging its own path in the value-based care paradigm; a model that gives patients more control over their own health care.
The evolution of value-based care, and pay for performance reimbursement models are impacting the delivery of health care and medical practice. While care coordination and evidence-based practices are proven strategies that increase access to care, improve quality outcomes, reduce hospital readmissions and costs.
Transformation means “ doing things differently, challenging the status quo” ensuring we exceed our patients expectations and experience, setting higher standards by engaging in national initiatives, and organizational restructure and redesign, changing culture to align with strategy and growth opportunities.
- Completed a 58,000 sq. ft. hospital addition in Springfield
- Continuing to update existing facility
STATE OF THE ART SURGERY CENTER (HOSPITAL)
- All new equipment
- Private recovery rooms
- Attracting region’s best surgeons
- Telemedicine links to specialists around the world
LEVEL 4 TRAUMA CENTER (HOSPITAL)
- New emergency facilities with private treatment rooms
- Staffed by same emergency medicine physician specialists’ group that staffs the region’s major Trauma Center
NEW ORTHOPAEDIC & REHABILITATION CENTER (HOSPITAL)
- On-staff, board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dr. Mark Mudano
- MRI and CT scan technology
- Triple the space for physical, occupational and speech therapies
DEDICATED WOMEN’S CENTERS & IMAGING CENTERS
- Springfield Hospital and Goshen
- 3D Mammography (both locations)
FAMILY MEDICINE | PRIMARY CARE PROVIDERS
- Five locations in Springfield, Rincon (2 offices), Guyton, and Port Wentworth
- 2016 Five-Star (Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services) rated nursing home facility
- 2015 Gold National Quality Award from American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living
Call 912-754-6451 for more information on these services.