Effingham Hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center
On August 9, 2012, the Georgia Department of Public Health designated Effingham Health System as a Level IV Trauma Center, one of only four in the state.
Time Lost is Brain Lost!
Do you know the signs of stroke? Here’s an easy way to remember. Think “FAST”!
Ask the person to smile.
Does one side of the face droop?
Ask the person to raise both arms.
Does one arm drift downward?
Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase.
Is their speech slurred or strange?
If you observe any of these signs,
call 9-1-1 immediately.
Getting The Right Care, At The Right Place, At The Right Time.
A Level IV trauma center provides initial trauma and life-saving care, transferring patients to a higher level of trauma care only if necessary. Effingham Health System’s Level IV trauma center is a critical component of the overall trauma system in Southeast Georgia.
We’re growing our level of care because we are committed to excellence in emergency medicine and to connecting our community with advanced care, closer to home.
When You Should Seek Emergency Care
Always consider dialing 911 first when you or a family member is in need of urgent medical care. Medical emergencies are as varied as the people who have them. We most often see patients with the following:
- Cardiac problems, including shortness of breath and heart attacks
- Injuries from automobile, snowmobile, motorcycle and other vehicular accidents
- Injuries as the result of falls
- Broken bones or other Orthopaedic problems that result from minor or serious accidents
- Playground, athletic, workplace and school related injuries
- Asthma and other breathing emergencies
- Severe pain and/or bleeding
- Acute psychiatric problems or emotional distress
- Acute episodes of chronic disease or illness
- Injuries caused by domestic or other types of violence
For those in need of non-medical emergency primary care, please first consider contacting one of our convenient family medicine practices.