Helping Seniors Overcome Depression and Anxiety
The issues affecting seniors are uniquely challenging. Declining physical ability, loss of loved ones and isolation can lead to depression, anxiety and other issues. But depression and anxiety are not normal at any age. At Senior Connection our goal is to help patients safely return to their optimal style of living. Allow us to partner with you in making the future brighter for you and your loved one. Hope is just around the corner.
Our new Senior Connection is conveniently located on the Effingham Hospital campus, across the parking lot from the Rehabilitative Services entrance: 499 GA Hwy 119 S, Springfield, GA 31329.
We Can Help
Sometimes a helping hand is all that’s needed to get your life back on track. The proper guidance and regular attention of experienced professionals can lead to improved lifestyle as well as better overall health. Senior Connection is ready to help you find hope once again.
Signs of Depression/Anxiety
- Lethargy: loss of energy and/or motivation
- Aches and pains with no apparent cause
- Changes in sleep patterns: insomnia,hypersomnia, sleeping during the day and up during the night
- A depressed or empty mood
- A loss of pleasure in activities
- A substantial, unplanned weight loss or gain
- Restlessness, irritability
- Feelings of helplessness or hopelessness
- Excessive or inappropriate guilt
- Difficulty thinking clearly
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
- Excessive anxiety or worry
- Confidential treatment
- Group, individual and family therapy, as well as medication management for behavioral health diagnosis
- A noon meal during the day
- Coordinating the patient’s care with the individual’s primary care physician
- 6–12 week program (2–4 days per week)
Your Treatment Team
Your treatment team is multi-disciplinary in design to ensure the best possible patient care. Along with the patient, family members, and the family doctor, the team includes:
- Medical Director
- Program Director
- Primary Therapist
Let Us Help!