Help improve healthcare in our community through Georgia’s new tax credit opportunity!
Effingham Health System is partnering with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement this exciting new rural hospital tax credit.
What is the rural hospital organization expense tax credit?
Through this program, Georgia taxpayers can receive a state income tax CREDIT for 90% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations such as Effingham Health System (up to the limits set forth below).
Taxpayers who itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns will be able to take a charitable income tax deduction for the entire amount of their contributions.
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to your designated rural hospital organization as follows:
- Individual Filer – 90% of the amount contributed or $5,000 per tax year, whichever is less
- Married Filing Jointly – 90% of the amount contributed or $10,000, whichever is less
- C-Corporation or Trust – 90% of the amount contributed or 75% of your Georgia income tax liability, whichever is less (Note: if you are seeking the maximum available tax credit, the amount you contribute will be need to be more than the maximum limits of $5,000, etc.)
How do I sign up to contribute to Effingham Health System?
- Complete and submit your 2017 HEART Tax Credit Form in the Donate Section at georgiaheart.org, or mail a completed copy of the form to Georgia HEART at: 3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375, Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092. (Please be sure to check the box for “Designated Rural Hospital Organization: Effingham Health System” to assure your tax donation comes back to our community.)
- On the first business day of 2017, Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Within 60 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, send a check made payable to your designated rural hospital to Georgia HEART for deposit to the hospital’s account.
- Georgia HEART will send you confirmation of your contribution and instruct you on how to submit a copy to the DOR.
- Georgia HEART will send you a tax receipt and filing instructions for 2017 tax filing purposes
For information about supporting Effingham Health System—and healthcare in our community—through the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, please visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact Georgia HEART staff at email@example.com.