A Message From Our CEO
While we have been fortunate so far not to have any Coronavirus cases in this region of the state, there have been cases as close as Atlanta. In response, we are instituting Coronavirus Prevention and Awareness Measures. We are assuming a robust, aggressive, proactive position to promote a healthy community.
Please read these guidelines and help us keep you, your family, and your friends healthy throughout the coronavirus threat. One action you can take to help us keep patients and Care Center residents safe is to limit your visits and minimize exposure for them. Please exercise discretion to help us keep our patients, residents, caregivers, healthcare workers, and community, healthy and safe.
Dr. Fran Witt, CEO, Effingham Health System
Screening Effective March 6th, 2019:
- Visitors and patients who have recently traveled outside the U.S., through a major airport, or been in close contact with anyone who has traveled recently, will be asked to present themselves to health system employees upon entry to any EHS facility.
- People experiencing fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath will also be screened by health system employees upon entry to any EHS facility.
To minimize risk for our patients and caregivers, please limit visits to hospital patients and Effingham Care and Rehabilitation Center residents.
We ask that young people UNDER 18 years of age NOT visit relatives or friends in the hospital, and encourage them not to accompany other patients seeking care unless they are seeking treatment themselves.
We ask those over 18 years, experiencing any symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath), NOT to visit patients in the hospital or Care Center.
Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Our Community
This CDC webpage gives specific action plans for various groups within our community:
- At Home
- At Work
- At K-12 Schools and Childcare
- At Colleges and Universities
- For Community and Faith-based Organization
- At Large Community Events and Mass Gatherings
- For First Responders