Annual Impact of Effingham Health System on Community Health Needs:
A focus on best practices, evidence-based medicine, and the patient experience is helping to drive tremendous growth for Effingham Health System.
EHS recently began a digital innovation journey to implement Cerner, an integrated, single-source electronic health record (EHR) and financial ecosystem across all patient care locations. This leading EHR system will allow patients’ primary and specialty care providers to access patient information seamlessly.
- 25-bed critical access hospital
- Supported by over 450 employees
- The Level IV Trauma Center, treats over 18,000 patients a year
- Our ER is staffed by Board-Certified Emergency Medicine Specialists
- The in-hospital Surgery Center performs over 2,000 annual surgeries
- Over 1,000 da Vinci Robotic Surgeries have been performed at EHS to-date
- Outpatient Imaging Center includes an In-House MRI and 64-Slice CT Scan capabilities
- Four Effingham Family Medicine locations and our Women’s Health practice serve 22,000 patients, with a 97% patient approval rating
- Pediatric services and school-based telemedicine provide care close to home for local children
Partnerships with Other Specialty Care Include:
- Cancer Care Center
Plus a FIVE STAR, 105-bed Effingham Care & Rehabilitation Center (nursing home), and the new EHS Foundation.
Our Mission is to provide every patient an experience of compassion, quality care, and service excellence at its highest level of customer expectation.
Our Vision is to achieve customer and industry recognition while providing the highest potential health outcomes for the patients we serve.
We believe the success of Effingham Health System will be directly related
to the values we hold, share, and practice. These values must form the basis for every action we take toward patients, families, physicians, volunteers, and each other with commitment to: