- In accordance with CDC COVID-19 guidelines, everyone entering an Effingham Health System facility will be required to wear a face mask. We encourage you to bring your own face mask. If you don’t have one, a face mask will be provided.
- Getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever during 2020-2021 to protect yourself and the people around you from flu, and to help reduce the strain on healthcare systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 Testing Changes: Free testing by the Coastal Health District in Effingham County is by appointment only. For more information or to make an appointment call 912-230-9744.
“Even as our businesses and schools reopen across the state, our healthcare team will stay vigilant in responding to the COVID-19 threat.”
—Dr. Fran Witt, CEO, Effingham Health System
Coronavirus Prevention at Effingham Health System
In response to the National Emergency, we are instituting Coronavirus Prevention and Awareness Measures. We are assuming a robust, aggressive, proactive position to promote a healthy community.
Please read these guidelines to help us keep you, your family, your friends—and our community healthcare workers—healthy throughout the coronavirus threat. Given not everyone infected by COVID-19 exhibits symptoms, our policies are designed to minimize traffic and reduce risk of infection for all our patients and residents. In response to a frequently asked question, we are using a top-of-the-line disinfectant within our facilities, along with best practices to maintain a healthy hospital environment.
Patient Screenings in Effect Until Further Notice:
All patients entering Effingham Hospital will be screened and have their temperature checked, prior to entering the building and will be asked to wear a mask inside the hospital.
Your Role in Staying Safe
The good habits we have learned, like careful hand-washing, cloth face covers, and social distancing, will continue to be important. Learn more about what you can do to protect yourself and your family, and stop the spread of COVID-19. Click here to visit the CDC website for more information.
Limited Entrances to Hospital
- Rehabilitative Services Entrance: Open Mon-Fri, 6:00 am-5:00 pm only.
- Emergency Room Entrance: Open 24/7
- Cancer Care Center: Open to Cancer Care Center Patients ONLY
NO VISITORS ARE ALLOWED INTO THE HOSPITAL, ER, OR CARE CENTER FOR ANY REASON. If you accompany a patient to the hospital, please wait for them in your car. Make sure the patient has your mobile number, if available, so they can reach you if needed.
There are a few exceptions to our No Visitation Policy in the case of minors, patients that lack the capacity to communicate, or for patients in compassionate care. Please see Screeners at the hospital entrance for help with this, or speak to your patient’s nurse via telephone prior to arriving.
Morrison’s Café Closed Temporarily
Morrison’s Café remains temporarily closed to the public to minimize traffic and exposure. Our date of reopening is to be determined. Thank you for your understanding!