- Georgia Department of Public Health Announces Healthy Georgia Collaborative: Learn more about Contact Tracing to Stop the Spread of COVID-19
- Effingham Emergency Management Agency Update 5.18.2020—Includes list of dates and locations for Effingham County Health Department’s Free COVID-19 Testing
“Even as our businesses begin to reopen across the state, our healthcare team will stay vigilant in responding to the COVID-19 threat.”
—Dr. Fran Witt, CEO, Effingham Health System
Coronavirus Prevention at Effingham Health System
In response to the National Emergency, we are instituting Coronavirus Prevention and Awareness Measures. We are assuming a robust, aggressive, proactive position to promote a healthy community.
Please read these guidelines to help us keep you, your family, your friends—and our community healthcare workers—healthy throughout the coronavirus threat. Given not everyone infected b
y COVID-19 exhibits symptoms, our policies are designed to minimize traffic and reduce risk of infection for all our patients and residents. In response to a frequently asked question, we are using a top-of-the-line disinfectant within our facilities, along with best practices to maintain a healthy hospital environment.
Your Role in Staying Safe
The good habits we have learned, like careful hand-washing, cloth face covers, and social distancing, will continue to be important. Learn more about what you can do to protect yourself and your family, and stop the spread of COVID-19. Click here to visit the CDC website for more information.
Patient Screenings in Effect Until Further Notice:
- All patients entering Effingham Hospital will be screened and have their temperature checked, prior to entering the building, and will be required to wear a cloth face mask inside the hospital.
Limited Entrances to Hospital
- Rehabilitative Services Entrance: Open Mon-Fri, 6:00 am-5:00 pm only.
- Emergency Room Entrance: Open 24/7
- Cancer Care Center: Open to Cancer Care Center Patients ONLY
NO VISITORS ARE ALLOWED INTO THE HOSPITAL, ER, OR CARE CENTER FOR ANY REASON. If you accompany a patient to the hospital, please wait for them in your car. Make sure the patient has your mobile number, if available, so they can reach you if needed.
Morrison’s Café Closed Temporarily
Morrison’s Café remains temporarily closed to the public to minimize traffic and exposure. Our date of reopening is to be determined. Thank you for your understanding!